Re: [Exim] blocking forged sender addresses (exim v3)

Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] blocking forged sender addresses (exim v3)
On 16 September 2002, Adrian Bridgett said:
> I'd like to restrict this so that it doesn't accept emails from the internet
> with my domain (or localhost) as the sender. However I still want to accept
> emails from internal machines with such sender addresses.

Switch to Exim 4 and do it with an ACL statement. Here's how I do it:

  deny    hosts   = !127.0.0.1 : !+relay_hosts
          senders = mydomain.org
          senders = !+allowed_local_addrs
          message = forged sender address

where allowed_local_addrs is a list of email addresses that *are*
allowed to be claimed in MAIL FROM from any host, eg.

addresslist allowed_local_addrs = user1@??? : user2@???

Exim 4 is just *so* much more flexible.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
What the hell, go ahead and put all your eggs in one basket.