Re: [Exim] blocking forged sender addresses (exim v3)

Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Greg Ward
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] blocking forged sender addresses (exim v3)

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Greg Ward wrote:
> Switch to Exim 4 and do it with an ACL statement. Here's how I do it:

    [ details omitted ]

Greg,

Do you not find that this blocks genuine messages which are sent from
your system to an external address and then redirected back to you,
eg by an alias at the far end, or through a mailing list (one which
doesn't change the from address to something like mail-list-admin) ?

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna