Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Yann Golanski
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Nigel Metheringham
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
Quoth Nigel Metheringham on Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 17:51:31 +0100
> I have been served a take down notice for the exim-users archives due to
> some idiot deciding he wants his postings edited out of the archive.
> [...]

Sorry to hear that Nigel. I think you've been doing a great job of
running this list, and it is a shame that this kind of abuse happen.

All I can suggest is that you talk to a lawyer as soon as possible about
the whole issue. Then, maybe amend the subscription to the list to
implicitly declare that the list is archive and that the posters agree
to it or something to that accord. I'm sure that if anyone at Energis
Squared (anyone there???... Dave? John? ...) could talk for you to one
of the lawyers there and they maybe could offer some advice as E^2 may
get some repercution over this.

When I was working for E^2 we had some cases of newsgroup articles that
were taken out because of threat of legal action by someone who shall
remain nameless but that made a name of him/her-self taking ISPs to
court. While not legal (huge loophole) this has never been tested and no
ISP wanted the expenses to be the first ones in court.

It's a shame that the internet laws are set down by people who don't
have a clue about the matter at hand.

Best of luck Nigel, and let us know what's happening.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   www.kierun.org/pgp/key-kierun