Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Alan J. Flavell
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Leonardo Boselli
Υ/ο: Exim users list, Nigel Metheringham
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> 2. I am not a legal expert, but i have on hand the italian law, that is
> based on the EU one.
> The 675 law give someone the right to ask cancellation of his
> personal data from an archive, so Nigel should just modify the
> occurrences of this person name and address in the archives (it is
> just a simple batch command). The law say also that the one that
> collected the data should pass the request to all other people to
> whic the data have been given,

[...]

So you're saying that the law doesn't merely _permit_ Nigel to tell us
who the complainant was, it positively _requires_ him to do so? Nice
one.

I'd like to put on record my appreciation of Nigel's good work in
maintaining the archive, and extend my sympathies for the extra effort
and aggravation to which this incident has undoubtedly subjected him.
Thank You.