Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Leonardo Boselli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Alan J. Flavell
Υ/ο: Exim users list, Nigel Metheringham
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Administrivia: Take down requests
On 26 Apr 2002, at 10:55, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> So you're saying that the law doesn't merely _permit_ Nigel to tell us
> who the complainant was, it positively _requires_ him to do so? Nice
> one.

No ... the law says that if someone require that h?? name be
removed from the list, it have to be removed , and this fellow have
to receive information about who has received the copy of the "list".
The oddity is that _this_ list of people that got the list so the fellow
can idividually require to be removed is another list that could be
under the same rules ...
and even more odd: Even if all the other people aggree, If the fellow
sends a "remove me" request to every one that have had his
address implicitely give them again his data !
The reason is that the law is mainly for [more detailed] personal
informations, not merely for addresses (otherwise would be an
impossible task !)
so one would have to remove personal information, but has right to
keep the signed letter that rtequire to be removed !

Leonardo Boselli (NIT)
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze
Via Santa Marta 3