Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 build error gcc crash?

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.02 build error gcc crash?
--
tir, 2002-03-26 kl. 14:12 skrev Jason Stratford:

> Anyone else getting problems building Exim4.02

> I am building on a stock installation of Redhat7.2, with their gcc2.96.
> I keep hearing conflicting reports about the stability of this compiler,
> anyone shed any light on this?

I'm answering Jason's original posting, in spite of the many answers.

1: I never had any trouble with Red Hat's gcc 2.6. Exim 3 and 4 compiled
along with everything else on my machine.

2: I just downloaded gcc3-3.0.4 and libgcc-3-3.0.4 .rpms from
sunsite.dk, since it's quicker for me than Red Hat's update site.

I 'rpm -Uvh'ed them with no complaints from rpm. and compiled Exim 4.02
with them. I had to tell Exim to use gcc3, since both the old gcc and
gcc3 exist side by side in /usr/bin.

I have just about all "nasty" options on in the Exim Makefile, including
AUTH and TLS (openssl libraries).

The new Exim's running - in fact it's sent this.

I repeat, never had any trouble with 2.96 from Red Hat, but the new gcc3
doesn't work any worse, at least.

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981