Re: [Exim] Spam spam spam spam

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Brian Elliott Finley
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim Users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Spam spam spam spam
Thanks to everyone who responded.

Special thanks to Marc! I really like your solution. Definitely a more
complete solution, hopefully preventing future spam attempts.

The only detail I had to figure out for myself was "Where should I put
these director entries?" So my determination was that because director
order is important, and the first match is the one that deals with a
message, that a spam catching director should be at the very top of the
director list. This seems to be working, but please tell me if I'm
setting myself up with a hidden gotcha by having it in that position.

And a followup question:
Anyone have a way to automatically or semi-automatically add entries to
such a spam list? Like sending mail to an alias like:

spam: "|/usr/local/bin/add_sender_to_spammers_list"

Thought I should ask before I go and try to write one...

Thanks!

-Brian

Thus spake Marc Perkel (marc@???):

Brian Elliott Finley http://baldguysoftware.com/