Re: [Exim] copy header(s) into local error messages?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Lutz Pressler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] copy header(s) into local error messages?
On 26 Nov 2000, Lutz Pressler wrote:

> What I think would be necessary to not loose functionality in any case -
> and IMHO usefull in general - is a possibility to copy header(s) from
> the message "at fault" to locally generated error messages (and warnings).
>
> Something like main configuration settings
> errmsg_copy_headers = list:of:header:names
> warning_copy_headers = list:of:header:names
> (maybe expanded).
>
> Philip, what do you think? Or is there a way to do this already? I haven't
> found one.

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you are asking. (Maybe
this is an early Monday morning effect.) Locally generated bounce
messages do include a copy of the failing message.

You can, of course, tailor bounce and warning messages yourself. Check
out the chapter called "Customizing error and warning messages".