Re: [Exim] copy header(s) into local error messages?

Author: Lutz Pressler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] copy header(s) into local error messages?
>> What I think would be necessary to not loose functionality in any case -
>> and IMHO usefull in general - is a possibility to copy header(s) from
>> the message "at fault" to locally generated error messages (and warnings).
>>
>> Something like main configuration settings
>> errmsg_copy_headers = list:of:header:names
>> warning_copy_headers = list:of:header:names
>> (maybe expanded).
>>
> Sorry, I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you are asking. (Maybe
> this is an early Monday morning effect.) Locally generated bounce
> messages do include a copy of the failing message.

Sure they do - in the body. I cannot use those header with $h_ within
exim though, or similar things.
> You can, of course, tailor bounce and warning messages yourself. Check
> out the chapter called "Customizing error and warning messages".

What I want is a possibility to let exim copy headers of the original
message (maybe renamed, extend syntax given above then) into the error/
warning message - as headers.

Lutz
--
  _              |  Lutz Pressler          |  Tel: ++49-551-3700002
 |_     |\ |     |  Service Network GmbH   |  FAX: ++49-551-3700009