[Exim] aliasfile / ldap confusion

Author: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
To: exim-users
CC: chad
Subject: [Exim] aliasfile / ldap confusion
Hi

I am trying to convert my mail system to an ldap driven one. I want to be
able to receive mail for any "local_domain" and store the mail in a
heirarchy I have set up that allows multiple domains and email accounts
without any /etc/passwd or other unix verification.

I think I understand most of how to interface with ldap etc. But I am a
little confused on one thing that I would think should be possible but I
don't understand enough to see how to do it. That is, in my director

ldaplocal:
driver = aliasfile
domains = chadtest.com:chadcool.net:chadfun.com
transport = ldap_virtual_appendfile
search_type = ldap
query = "ldap:///accountname=$local_part,dc=chadtest,dc=com" #to be
expanded later for any valid domain

I want the result of the query to be passed to the transport so that I can
then lookup keys from the results with an "extract" as defined in the
String expansion setting. I want to be able to pull out things like
mailbox location path etc from the ldap results and use them in the
transport (an appendfile transport).

Can anyone shed light on using the ldap results set inside of exim? I
don't want have to do another lookup of each individual "attribute" for a
given ldap entry that has already been returned.

Thanks
Chad

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@???            chad@???