Re: [Exim] aliasfile / ldap confusion

Author: Chad Leigh, Pengar Ent Inc & Shire.Net LLC
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] aliasfile / ldap confusion

--On Monday, August 28, 2000 12:38 PM +0100 Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:

> Exim caches lookup results, so if you do the same lookup again, it won't
> actually make another LDAP call. So, although it may look cumbersome in
> the configuration, if you use an LDAP call that pulls out all the
> results every time, and then select from them using ${extract... it will
> be reasonably efficient.

Thanks. Can you give an example of the above where you actually store the
results of the LDAP call? I have implemented my stuff by doing further
${lookup } calls on the same ting but using ?attribute to get what I want.
It works but I think it should be nicer to be able to get at the values
from the query = "" call and use {extract <key> } type calls to get the
individual attributes.

Thanks for a great product.

Chad