Re: [Exim] Antivirus for Exim/SMTP?

Author: Max Caines
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Antivirus for Exim/SMTP?
At 13:33 10/06/00 +0200, you wrote:
>"Brian K. West" wrote:
>
> > Solution: AMaViS works great with Virus Scan for
> > UNIX(Linux,Solaris/sparc/FreeBSD/AIX) THe cost of vscan for unix is
> only 37
> > dollars for a 1 node Lic. I have mine setup as per the README.exim that
> > comes with AMaViS It scans inbound and outbound emails for know viruses...
> > Works great.. Let me know if anyone needs help setting this up!

Do you have any sort of official statement from NAI that a 1-user license
is sufficient for scanning email for all your users? I ask because I've
just got this running (and it works very well) but I asked this question of
various AV suppliers in the UK earlier this year (including NAI) and they
all said I'd need a license for every mailbox on the server.

Max Caines                       |  Email: M.B.Caines@???
Network Design Consultant        |  Phone: +44 (0)1902 322245
IT Services                      |  Fax: +44 (0)1902 322699
University of Wolverhampton      |