Re: [Exim] Antivirus for Exim/SMTP?

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Antivirus for Exim/SMTP?
On Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:35:52 +0100, Max Caines <M.B.Caines@???>
wrote:
>Do you have any sort of official statement from NAI that a 1-user license
>is sufficient for scanning email for all your users? I ask because I've
>just got this running (and it works very well) but I asked this question of
>various AV suppliers in the UK earlier this year (including NAI) and they
>all said I'd need a license for every mailbox on the server.

NAI sales stuff is pretty clueless. German sales told me yesterday
that I'd need a license for every client workstation in the network.
They probably didn't even understand what I wanted.

OTOH, Datafellows sales stuff says pretty clear that if their software
is installed on a single machine, you'd need a single license,
regardless how many workstations receive mail scanned by that single
machine.

Greetings
Marc