Re: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Brian K. West
CC: Jim Pazarena, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Brian K. West wrote:

> I thought the same thing.. but they want this to be seen!

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. You cannot
force something to be seen, let alone read. I just received a message
from someone where the disclaimer was about 20 lines long (and much more
than 80 characters wide), while the message itself was about 5 lines. On
complaining, he said "lots of people complain, but our legal people are
adamant". If this goes on, somebody is going to write an intelligent MUA
that recognizes disclaimer-type material, and automatically doesn't
display it. Student project, anybody?