Re: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going emails

Author: Phil Chambers
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going emails
There are a lot of statements about illegality of modifying message content and I
believe many are talking from different viewpoints and not considering the wider
possibilies. I see several distinct situations:

1) Corporate MTA: I am sure that anywhere in the world would allow a corporate
body to do what it likes with e-mail sent by its own employee's before it
leaves their own MTA.

2) ISP whose customers sign an agreement to allow advertising, etc to be added:
might possibly be illegal in some countries, but unlikely.

3) Web based Mail service provider such as hotmail: would be similar to 2.

4) ISP whose customers do not sign to allow advertising to be added: illegal to
modify in countries which have legislation like Germany.

5) Carriers which just provide an IP service would be unlikely to be modifying
anything anyway and would be like 4.

Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter