Re: [Exim] (no subject)

Author: Ian Southam
To: Matthew Frost
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] (no subject)
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 01:54:41PM +0100 Matthew Frost wrote :

> Yes, and unfortunately Legal people appear to have enough clue to
> realise that X-Headers are not going to get seen in most cases.

I believe it comes down to this Norwich Union liable case of a while ago
(where an internal email slagging a competitor got out).

In any case, I like you, am finding that customers want
disclaimers and they want at the ISP end (presumably to save them the cost
of licenced copy of MIMESweeper or its ilk).

The problem, as everyone here knows, is that exim is not MIME aware and, if
truth be known, most of us probably don't think it should be.

I think the only option, is to write some sort of MIME aware filter that can
handle, disclaimers, virus scanning and all the other things the lusers wants.
That though is an ongoing task and of course, it has to cope with the many
broken M$ mailers out there .... <groan>!!

--
Ian