Re: [Exim] (no subject)

Author: Michael Stevens
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] (no subject)
On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 02:14:52PM +0100, Matthew Frost wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 02:02:25PM +0100, Michael Stevens wrote:
> > What puzzles me here is why people want disclaimers on email, but
> > they don't attach the same to written letters, or have people
> > carry around a big sign with the words "I don't really mean what I'm
> > saying" on it when going into meetings.
> It's almost like the "If you received this fax in error then you must
> tell us and force yourself to forget what you weren't supposed to read
> in the first place" you see on the cover pages of faxes sometimes. I

IANAL, but I'd be very surprised if this sort of stuff is legal,
in the UK at least. Then again, as I said, the law constantly surprises
me.

> guess it's believed some people must send their email to the wrong
> addresses alot...

This actually is the case, I must admit. To the point where I'm
half tempted to construct some custom bounce handling of the "look,
this is not who you wanted, you've mailed us XXX times, now feck off" form.

People seem to have some form of blindness that prevents them reading
bounce messages to find out what actually went wrong.