Re: [Exim] www.orbs.org uncontactable?

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Ian D Crorie
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] www.orbs.org uncontactable?
idc@??? said:
> My problem is that www.orbs.org has been unreachable from here for at
> least 5 days (see below for traceroute): does anyone know if there is
> a problem there? Or can you suggest how else I can get taken off the
> orbs blacklist?

One of the big ISPs - I think above.net - has been announcing ORBS
address space and null routing it. This, for various reasons, is
particularly affecting Janet. I understand that its currently being
suggested that Janet request police action against LINX for allowing
these announcements at the peering points since there is apparently a
case under UK Computer Abuse Acts which above are committing and LINX
are abetting in.

Above are clearly outside their remit by announcing someone elses space
and null routing it.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]