Re: [Exim] Performance bottleneck scanning large spools.

Author: Otavio Exel
Subject: Re: [Exim] Performance bottleneck scanning large spools.
Philip Hazel wrote:

> The first queue runner picks up one message, finds no retry
> information for the host, and so starts to deliver - and gets stuck.
> The next queue runner picks up another message for the same host,
> still finds no retry information, and so also gets stuck... etc.
> Only after one has failed and set the retry information will
> subsequent ones start skipping. Hmm. This is an unfortunate
> side-effect of the way Exim works. I am not sure I can do much about
> it.

couldn't the first queue runner add a temporary entry to the retry db
that other queue runners would understand as: "retry info under
construction; skip messages for this domain for now"; this entry should
have a reasonable TTL in case the first queue runner dies abnormally;

beers,

--
Otavio Exel /<\oo/>\ oexel@???