Re: [Exim] Performance bottleneck scanning large spools.

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Dean Brooks
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Performance bottleneck scanning large spools.
dean@??? said:
> Not sure how thresholds would be specified, but if a domain has been
> failing for 6 days, *I* know that I dont want Exim to wait the
> standard 2 or 3 minutes to connect - rather, I'd want it to timeout
> after only 10 or 15 seconds or so. So I end up having to manually
> change the timeout values in the config file, and then later change
> them back.

that would worry me... some places have poor connectivity across low
bandwidth high latency links which drop out every so often. This
strategy would mean that a host that wasn't available on first connect
might never be tried long enough to actually make a tcp connection
after that.

having a few more queue runners and tweaking your retry times up would
seem to be a better solution.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]