Re: [Exim] SMTP timeouts when delivering to smart host with …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hans Matzen
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP timeouts when delivering to smart host with exim 3.02
Am Mon, 08 Nov 1999 schrieb Marc Haber:
> Hi!

hi,

> One of my sites has recently converted from dial-up to a
> Since the site got its leased line, I keep getting a lot of SMTP
> timeouts. Eventually, e-mail is delivered, but almost every single
> message has to wait two or three hours before it finally is accepted
> by the smart host. This doesn't seem to be affected by message size,

I work with dial-up (exim 3.03) and have got the same problems
(sometimes), imo it seems to be a problem with replies...and I
think it is a problem with my mua, which maybe does not handle
replies correctly. I am not still sure about it, but as I
observed, exim delivers the whole message to the socket but the
smart-host did not respond or sometimes did not read from the
socket. is it the same with your mails ?
maybe I should trace in detail what exim sends to the socket,
seems to me that the end of message is not recognized.

if I send the messages direct via SMTP to the smart-host via mua
or manually it works perfectly

hans