Re: [Exim] Re: SMTP timeouts when delivering to smart host w…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: SMTP timeouts when delivering to smart host with exim 3.02
Quoth Marc Haber on Mon, Nov 08, 1999:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 1999 20:05:32 +0200, you wrote:
> >1. Try to run 'exim -d9 -M 11jiRS-00059l-00' (substitute correct
> > local message ID) and see what you get.
>
> That starts a delivery attempt for that message?

Yes. Read the fine manual.

> Since some messages
> get through fine, I bet that it will work that time.

Try it anyway.

> Is there a possibility to have exim log the debug information to the
> log file?

No. Except redirection, of course.

> >2. Try to send mail via other SMTP servers (say, directly to the
> > recipient's MX) and see what happens.
>
> I'd have to reconfigure the firewall rules to do so, needing
> management's approval.

Will management know that you reconfigured your firewall? IMO,
firewall must allow outgoing connections to port 25 at least from
one host, it's good for debugging or for cases when the smarthost
is down.

> >3. Try to talk SMTP directly (i.e., using telnet(1)) with the
> > smarthost. Several times.
>
> Works fine.

Every time? Weird.

> >5. Instead of all this, you can just give me shell account and
> > e-mail hosting on that box, and I will fix it for you ;)
>
> Management could kill me for even trying to do so ;-)

Which will solve your problem by turning it to somebody else's.

> >Do you see delays between "Received:" headers on incoming mail?
>
> Nope. Delivery happens in seconds.

Hmm. I have Exim 3.03 here, so I can send you several mails and
try to see whether there are any problems.

Vadik.

--
Any language that involves exposing private parts to friends is a
tad suspect...