Re: [Exim] SMTP timeouts when delivering to smart host with …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP timeouts when delivering to smart host with exim 3.02
Quoth Marc Haber on Mon, Nov 08, 1999:
[Horror story of timeouts snipped]
> ISP says his smart host and the line are both fine, I say my exim is
> fine. Any ideas who might be at fault here?

0. What Exim version?
1. Try to run 'exim -d9 -M 11jiRS-00059l-00' (substitute correct
local message ID) and see what you get.
2. Try to send mail via other SMTP servers (say, directly to the
recipient's MX) and see what happens.
3. Try to talk SMTP directly (i.e., using telnet(1)) with the
smarthost. Several times. If you do really get timeout or no
reply or "250-OK" (instead of "250 OK") on last response line
or no CR/LF or whatever, this is a problem with the smarthost.
4. Try to send mail from outside to the smarthost. If you give
me the smarthost's hostname and e-mail address I could test, I
can do it for you.
5. Instead of all this, you can just give me shell account and
e-mail hosting on that box, and I will fix it for you ;)

> Incoming mail (which is delivered
> by SMTP from the same smarthost I am unsuccessfully trying to deliver
> my outgoing mail) isn't affected either.

Do you see delays between "Received:" headers on incoming mail?
(see point 4 above).

Vadik.

--
The ill-formed Orange