Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Anand Buddhdev
Para: Richard G. Duvall
CC: Joel Rowbottom, Aricio Filho, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source
On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 03:25:59AM -0700, Richard G. Duvall wrote:

> Problem is, it says in the docs that the db2 portion has to be there to
> support virtual pop servers. This is one of the main reasons we are
> moving to cucipop. That, and the disk IO issue, which cucipop is
> supposedly better at that qpopper.
>
> But, you are right, it compiles easily without the db2 portion... Any way
> we could have vpop servers without the db2? Any other popper we should
> look at that is good on disk IO as well?

Try qmail's pop3d. It only works with Maildirs, but exim can write to a
Maildir. It's small and fast, and because of the Maildir structure (one
file per message), very good about disk IO. No files to copy around. And
Maildirs work reliably over NFS too. The best part about qmail-pop3d is
that its auth it separate from the actual POP server. It is launched in
a chain somewhat like this:

qmail-popup checkpassword qmail-pop3d

where qmail-popup asks for a username and password, passes those
to checkpassword (the default checkpassword by DJB auths from
/etc/passwd, but you can write your own to auth from anywhere, eg.
RADIUS, another file, MySQL) and if the auth is successful, runs
the qmail-pop3d (or you can even run a shell script which could
capture the IP address for POP-before-SMTP, and then exec the
qmail-pop3d). Very flexible, and very easy to use and understand.
If you need to modify its source code for any reason, it's also
very cleanly written and easy to understand.

--
See complete headers for more info