Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Richard G. Duvall
Para: Joel Rowbottom
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source
Sounds like that is what I am looking for.

Here is what we have:

mail server named: mail.linkcc.com
Username: jspada
Email address: jspada@???

mail server named: mail.harborside.com
Username: jspada
Email address: jspada@???

Username is the same, but these are 2 different customers. We want to
merge the 2 mail servers into one transparently to the customer(s), in
effect. Before v-pop servers, we had to force one of the customers to
change their pop3 username, then set up a v-domain alias in exim to
forward to the different username. That worked, but wasn't transparent to
the customer.

If I can make it transparent to the customer, then I am all for it...

So, I am guessing it would look something like this:

exim delivers mail for harborside.com to
/var/mail-harborside/${local_part}

exim delivers mail for linkcc.com to /var/mail-linkcc/${local_part}

/etc/master.passwd is passwd file for harborside.com
/etc/linkcc.passwd is passwd file for linkcc.com

Configuring exim is the easy part, and I dont't think that will be very
difficult. Except for the issue of the permissions. Since we are going
to be combining onto one system, username jspada at linkcc will be owned
by who? nobody? And, if that's the case, how will the v-pop server have
permission to let the user download the email, and change contents of
maildrop?

Then, I will have the issue of actually making a v-popper work to check
the maildrops in the right place. Figured cucipop could do this, but if I
can't compile it, then I guess it won't work.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall