Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
Para: Richard G. Duvall
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source
On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Richard G. Duvall wrote:
>the issue of the permissions. Since we are going
>to be combining onto one system, username jspada at linkcc will be owned
>by who? nobody? And, if that's the case, how will the v-pop server have
>permission to let the user download the email, and change contents of
>maildrop?

> Then, I will have the issue of actually making a v-popper work to check
> the maildrops in the right place. Figured cucipop could do this, but if I
> can't compile it, then I guess it won't work.

I wrote a patch to gnu-pop3d (previously called IDS POP) that allows a
setup like this. I have separate password and alias files and spool
directories for each domain.

The user gets his/her mail by including the domain name as their username
within their pop3 client, like user@??? or user:foo2.bar. (The regular
spool directory and passwd files are used, if they don't include the
domain name.)

The virtual mailboxes are owned like:
$ ls -l /var/spool/virtual/donsholsters.com/*
-rw-rw----   1 mail     mail        19129 Oct 11 18:20 don

Check out http://www.reedmedia.net/projects/virtualmail/ for
more information and the patch.

(Exim works perfect for delivering the mail to right place.)

Jeremy C. Reed