Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Richard G. Duvall
Para: Joel Rowbottom
CC: Aricio Filho, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Cubic Circle RPM and source
Problem is, it says in the docs that the db2 portion has to be there to
support virtual pop servers. This is one of the main reasons we are
moving to cucipop. That, and the disk IO issue, which cucipop is
supposedly better at that qpopper.

But, you are right, it compiles easily without the db2 portion... Any way
we could have vpop servers without the db2? Any other popper we should
look at that is good on disk IO as well?

Then, configuring exim to do virtual pop server's is another issue,
because we will have to have different mail spool for each one, as well as
seperate password file for authenticating the pop3 into those spools.
Then, permissions will be in issue... Reason we need v-pop servers is
that we have multiple ISP that we bought out, and want to combine on one
box, but don't want customers to have to change their username. Figured
that v-pop server would be a good solution...

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall