Re: [Exim] Virtual User table

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Richard G. Duvall
Para: Alex Knowles
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Virtual User table
Yes, it is actually easier in exim. I gave up on sendmail long ago.
Don't like having to re-compile the database all the time in sendmail.

More like, in my setup, I have a file of v-domains, which lists the
domains I will accept mail for. Then, I create a aliases file for each
domain. So, I add the domain name in the v-domains file, then I have a
directory called v-aliases/. put a file called domain.com in there, and
in the contents of domain.com, it looks like an /etc/aliases file, in
which mail delivered to that user in that domain (as referenced in the
file) get's forwarded to the email address that is specified in the file.

It's simply a virtual alias file is all.

I am trying to get exim right now to deliver not as aliases, but look at
the domain, and the local part (username), and deliver mail for one domain
in one spool, and for another domain in a different spool, so like
jspada@??? will be sent to /var/mail/jspada, and
jspada@??? will be sent to /var/linkcc/jspada. 2 different users,
but same username. Then the trick will be to get a virtual pop server
going that will authenticate off of different passwd files depending on
what the domain is that they are checking mail for. Will authenticate
them, and then let them access their appropriate mail box. I chose
cucipop to do this, but am having trouble compiling (has to do with the
db2 libraries, in which I get the following error when compiling:

dbops.c: In function `getstate':
dbops.c:120: too few arguments to function

I have been working the past 4 hours with it, and am getting really
preturbed with it.

Well, I'm rambling...

Hope I was of help...

Sincerely,