[EXIM] Exim Newbie question about relaying.

Author: Adam Bentley
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] Exim Newbie question about relaying.

I want to stick a box running exim as a primary MX for the site so it can
accept incoming external smtp calls, queue them and them deliver them
periodically to our internal only mailserver. I have it working after a
fashion but at present if mail comes from

user@??? -> user@???

it will be passed on to our mailserver....

however if a local user within local.site sends an email it gets rejected
with a relaying error. I want to be able to give a list of domains and
possibly IP addresses which are allowed to relay off the external
exim server to either internal or external domains. that way the machine
can also act as an smtp server for the site and thus take further load of
our stressed internal mailserver.

I want to queue up incoming external messages and process them
periodically say every 5 minutes - open an smtp connection to our internal
server and used the same smtp connection to deliver them all in one go.

any thoughts welcome...

                                               /-\dam
FLESH: Adam Bentley, Systems/Networking/Usenet, Coventry University. UK
INET : A.Bentley@???
PGP  : finger ccx009@???
PRINT: BA 7F 70 41 4B 17 20 16  5F C7 94 AB 07 F3 9C A5
            #include <std/disclaimer.h>