Re: [EXIM] Retry rules

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Joel Rowbottom
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Retry rules
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Joel Rowbottom wrote:

> This is one of my hosts who have passed the cutoff time. I need to be able
> to retry that now; is there any way I can force the next try to now?

You can force a particular message to be delivered with the -M command
line option. If it succeeds, the retry data will get cleared.

You can change the retry time with the exim_fixdb utility, but its
interface is not very nice.

> And reset exim, but it's still not delivering (and bouncing justcci.co.uk
> as well). Any ideas anyone please?

It won't recompute an already-computed retry time - that would involve
scanning the entire retry database and checking all the entries.