Re: [EXIM] Exim Newbie question about relaying.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Adam Bentley
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Exim Newbie question about relaying.
On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Adam Bentley wrote:

> I want to be able to give a list of domains and
> possibly IP addresses which are allowed to relay

Read chapter 41 of the Exim manual (2.10 edition), specifically the
introductory paragraphs, and section 41.5.

> I want to queue up incoming external messages and process them
> periodically say every 5 minutes - open an smtp connection to our internal
> server and used the same smtp connection to deliver them all in one go.

Set queue_smtp=yes. Run your Exim daemon with "exim -bd -q5m". On your
internal server (if it is running Exim) set
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection to something larger than the default 10.

But why? Why not let them get delivered as they arrive?