Re: [EXIM] alternate qualify_domain?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: djc
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] alternate qualify_domain?
On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Dave C. wrote:

> Unfortunately, the remote UUCP sites do not always fully qualify the
> envelope and header addresses with their domain. I have uucp setup to
> call a custom rmail script which determines which UUCP site a message
> was received from, and qualify the envelope sender if needed.

Perhaps it should qualify the headers as well? I'm sure the UUCP
community would find a "tidy up mail from UUCP before inserting into the
Internet" script a useful tool.

> I tried adding `-Dqualify_domain=theuucp.domain.com`, but it appears to
> be giving up root privelege (even though for this test I was calling
> exim from a root shell), and is unable to deliver the message, but does
> leave it in the queue, and the next queue run is using the global
> qualify_domain instead of the one I want.

Even if it worked, it wouldn't be right, because of the queueing effect.

> I am guessing exim does not qualify headers when placing the message in
> the queue, but instead waits until delivery time. Is there a way I can
> get it to qualify any unqualified headers with a setting provided at
> the time of receipt?

Changing headers at receipt time can only be achieved by rewriting
rules. Maybe you can write a clever rule along the lines of

which matches addresses with single-component names, and looks up the
fqdn in a file.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714