[EXIM] alternate qualify_domain?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] alternate qualify_domain?

Our system is set up as a UUCP gateway for a number of domains, for
both incoming and outgoing mail.

Unfortunately, the remote UUCP sites do not always fully qualify the
envelope and header addresses with their domain. I have uucp setup to
call a custom rmail script which determines which UUCP site a message
was received from, and qualify the envelope sender if needed.

However I also need to correct any headers which are not already
properly qualified. I can't just set 'qualify_domain', because it
depends on the UUCP host the message is received from.

I tried adding `-Dqualify_domain=theuucp.domain.com`, but it appears to
be giving up root privelege (even though for this test I was calling
exim from a root shell), and is unable to deliver the message, but does
leave it in the queue, and the next queue run is using the global
qualify_domain instead of the one I want.

I am guessing exim does not qualify headers when placing the message in
the queue, but instead waits until delivery time. Is there a way I can
get it to qualify any unqualified headers with a setting provided at
the time of receipt?

David J. Chiodo \ Microwave Systems  \ Campbell Network Systems
 <djc@???> <davec@???>  \ 820 Monroe NW Ste 411
  Domain Administrator <dns@???>   \ Grand Rapids  MI 49503
   Customer Support <support@???>   \ 616-774-3131 <info@???>
Fax 616-774-3933    Tollfree 1-888-694-INET    http://www.cns.net