Re: [EXIM] alternate qualify_domain?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] alternate qualify_domain?

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:08:27 +0100 (BST)
> From: Philip Hazel <ph10@???>
> To: djc@???
> Cc: exim-users@???
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] alternate qualify_domain?
>
> On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Dave C. wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, the remote UUCP sites do not always fully qualify the
> > envelope and header addresses with their domain. I have uucp setup to
> > call a custom rmail script which determines which UUCP site a message
> > was received from, and qualify the envelope sender if needed.
>
> Perhaps it should qualify the headers as well? I'm sure the UUCP
> community would find a "tidy up mail from UUCP before inserting into the
> Internet" script a useful tool.

Yes, I'm thinking that is the "Right" approach. However, the envelope
sender is easily available, and is always just a functional address,
without comments. I'm not sure how to parse the headers of the message
for unqualified senders from bash....

> > I tried adding `-Dqualify_domain=theuucp.domain.com`, but it appears to
> > be giving up root privelege (even though for this test I was calling
> > exim from a root shell), and is unable to deliver the message, but does
> > leave it in the queue, and the next queue run is using the global
> > qualify_domain instead of the one I want.
>
> Even if it worked, it wouldn't be right, because of the queueing effect.
>
> > I am guessing exim does not qualify headers when placing the message in
> > the queue, but instead waits until delivery time. Is there a way I can
> > get it to qualify any unqualified headers with a setting provided at
> > the time of receipt?
>
> Changing headers at receipt time can only be achieved by rewriting
> rules. Maybe you can write a clever rule along the lines of

> which matches addresses with single-component names, and looks up the
> fqdn in a file.

Ugh. The main problem with that is the information that is needed to do
that lookup (eg, what UUCP host originated this message) is only
available when my rmail script is running...