[EXIM] Exim and Y2K

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Exim and Y2K
Hype mongers of the world unite....!

I am starting to get people writing to me (personally) asking about Y2K
compliance of exim. I guess that we need to find something harmless and
non-committal to shove in docs and on websites.

Here is my last comment on the matter - do people (I guess I particularly
mean Philip) agree with this:-
The whole thing is a non-issue for exim. Exim does not parse dates.
It makes some use internally of unix format dates (seconds count since
1/1/1970) and uses OS/C-library services to present those in readable
form.

However you probably do need to system test it since things are rather
more dependent on your hardware, OS, compiler and supporting libraries.

Anything more diplomatic would be helpful. However if I hear another
scare story telling me that even my light bulbs need Y2K auditing (and all
for only.... just sign on the dotted line and hand over the cash... gold
bullion preferred since we don't think the banking system will survive)

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 207 6112                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]