Re: Message delay warning messages

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Greg Andrews
CC: Exim Mailing List
Subject: Re: Message delay warning messages
On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Greg Andrews wrote:

> As I understand it, Sendmail doesn't generate warnings for messages
> that have certain values in the Precedence: header. I believe the
> values are commonly configured as 'list', 'bulk', and 'junk'.
>
> I don't know if Exim has the same functionality, but it seems to me
> like a good idea.

There is already an item on the Exim wish list on the subject of more
configurability in the matter of automatic warnings. Unfortunately, I
haven't done anything about it for the upcoming release, I'm afraid.
Perhaps once that is out the door and settled down I will consider this
particular issue, as it does seem to be important to a number of people.