Re: Message delay warning messages

Author: Tim Cutts
To: Chris Thompson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Message delay warning messages
On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Chris Thompson wrote:

> You shouldn't be doing anything different for "LISTSERV type messages" than
> for any other message. Always send delivery failure reports to the return path
> that came with the message (unless it is itself an error report, indicated
> by having a null return path: in that case do not send a report at all).
> It is all explained in RFC 822.

OK, so my autoreply transports should have:

to = "$return_path"

set?

How should I set the from field in these cases? Can I set it to "<>"? At
the moment I'm setting it to "postmaster@$primary_hostname" although that
means (I think) that I'll get delivery failures for my warnings, correct?

Tim.

T J R Cutts                                           Tel: +44 1223 333596
Dept. of Biochemistry, Tennis Court Rd.,              Fax: +44 1223 766002
Cambridge, CB2 1QW, UK