Re: Envelope-to header

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Behan Webster
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: Envelope-to header
Philip Hazel wrote:

> Oh dear. For "normal" deliveries, the whole point of the Envelope-to
> header is to show the original recipient address, because the final
> recipient address is the delivery mailbox and therefore "obvious".
> Envelope-to enables people who receive a message that doesn't contain
> their address in the headers to track down why that particular message
> was delivered to them. In normal usage, putting in a header with the
> ultimate delivery address is pointless, as it will always be the same.

I figured this was the reason.

Of course in this case, knowing the original envelope address isn't
as important as knowing the final envelope address. I'm afraid
multidrop mailboxes, although handy (and trivial to implement in
exim, I might add) aren't very well supported by any program
(except fetchmail) just yet.

> The next release of Exim contains an option for specifying the addition
> of headers per transport. That should enable you to add some private
> header of your own (or even one called "Envelope-To" if you like) which
> contains the actual local part and domain of the particular delivery.

Actually, I'd personally prefer to leave Envelope-to as it was
intended. I'd much rather add another header called X-Envelope-to
(as this is the default header that fetchmail looks for).

This sounds like what I'm looking for to implement X-Envelope-to.

Thanks!

Behan

--
Behan Webster     mailto:behanw@verisim.com