The Next Release of Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Asunto: The Next Release of Exim
I have now stopped development work on the code of the next release and
am about to start on the documentation. This will take a couple of
weeks, and as I am going to be on vacation for 3 out of the next 4 weeks
(14-20 July and 28 July - 10 August) it is going to be at least the
2nd half of August before the proper release is ready.

The next release will be numbered 1.70, because there have been a lot of
changes since the 1.6x releases. I have placed the current code in

ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/Testing/exim-1.651-for-testing.tar.gz

We are running this code on a couple of our Solaris 2.5 machines, and I
have checked that it at least compiles on

BSDI, HP-UX, IRIX64, Linux, NetBSD, DEC OSF1, SunOS4, and SunOS5.

I would be grateful if people could try compiling it on other operating
systems, and letting me know if there are any problems. If you are brave
enough, testing it out would also be appreciated. There is some sketchy
documentation on new features in doc/NewStuff, and you should also read
README-UPDATE-FROM-1.62. I will incorporate tidies and any bug-fixes
into the final release.

Philip