Envelope-to header

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Behan Webster
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Envelope-to header
We use exim here to deliver all email for a particular domain
into a single mailbox. This multidrop mailbox is then downloaded
with fetchmail (which uses the Envelope-to header to figure out
who to deliver the mail to) on a dial-up ppp line.

The problem is that if email is forwarded or aliased within exim,
the Envelope-to header is not updated, and then fetchmail doesn't
know where to deliver the mail to. The Envelop-to header
seems to record the envelope address of the incoming message only.

Is there anyway of getting exim to set the Envelope-to header
to the envelope address of the outgoing message? I'd like it
to reflect any address changes due to /etc/aliases, ~/.forward,
etc.

Behan

--
Behan Webster     mailto:behanw@verisim.com