Re: Truncation of Majordomo digest messages?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Ashdown
A: Doug Sewell
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: Truncation of Majordomo digest messages?
Doug Sewell said once upon a time:

>It doesn't seem to be truncated across the board (they're generated on
>a machine running exim 1.59), but whenever it happens I get 3-4 people
>complain about it. You might check to see that all the mailers involved
>at your site and on the way out are "doing the right thing" regarding
>escaping periods.

I added the following to Majordomo's digest program:

            $body =~ s/^\.$/ .\n/g; # get rid of closing dots

Looking through some of the archived digests in question, I found a few
that matched this description, but certainly not all of them. This problem
is affecting all of our digests across the board. In addition, it isn't as
much of a truncation problem as a "chunk missing from the middle" problem.