Re: Truncation of Majordomo digest messages?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Pete Ashdown
Cc: Exim Mailing List
Temas nuevos: Important Bug Fix (Was Re: Truncation of Majordomo digest messages?)
Asunto: Re: Truncation of Majordomo digest messages?
On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> 1.62, Solaris 2.5.1. It is part of the body of the message that is getting
> lost. Note that it is something in the middle and not the end of a
> message. That is, a chunk is taken out of the body of the message, then it
> resumes.

That is totally weird, because when Exim is transmitting the body of a
message, it is just sitting in a read/write loop. I've just had a
horrible thought. When a process forks, and gets a copy of a file
descriptor, does it get its own copy of the file position pointer? I
assumed it did. If I am wrong, this could explain problems with parallel
delivery, though nobody has reported anything like this before.

I will investigate asap.

> >I have fixed a parallel bug concerned with handling more than around 100
> >addresses *in the same remote domain* in the development code; are you
> >in this situation?
>
> It is possible that this is what is happening, since many lists have
> several people at the same domain (AOL, etc).

but the bug caused deadlock, rather than truncation, so I suspect that
isn't it.