Re: Truncation of Majordomo digest messages?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Doug Sewell
A: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: Truncation of Majordomo digest messages?
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Pete Ashdown wrote:

> Something very weird has started in the last few weeks, about the same time
> I turned on the remote_max_parallel to 10.
>
> Lots of lengthy Majordomo digests are being truncated in the *middle* then
> resuming with a large chunk missing! The only finger I can point is at
> Exim because the archived digest is intact. Could the remote_max_parallel
> be foobar?

I run a majordomo digest that's compiled from Usenet articles (an outgoing
newsfeed goes to a news-mail gate into majordomo). Every so often I get
a digest truncated, and what it's been is the original article had a
single '.' in the first column all by itself.

It doesn't seem to be truncated across the board (they're generated on
a machine running exim 1.59), but whenever it happens I get 3-4 people
complain about it. You might check to see that all the mailers involved
at your site and on the way out are "doing the right thing" regarding
escaping periods.

--
Doug Sewell (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)
E-mail advertisers: put me on your "don't call, don't e-mail" list.

No one ever becomes extremely vile and wicked all of a sudden. - D.J.