Dates and expiring addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: exim-users
Asunto: Dates and expiring addresses
I believe I have solved the 2-digit vs 4-digit year problem by
introducing a hyphen delimiter to separate the year from the rest of the
date. The year can be any number of digits you like, interpreted under
the following "obvious" rules:

. If the value is less than 90, add 100 to it.
. If the value is less than 1000, add 1900 to it.

Thus:    97 => 1997
        097 => 1997
       1997 => 1997
        101 => 2001
       2001 => 2001

There remains the question of whether the code for handling email
addresses that expire should be released. My colleagues here have argued
that it is not a Good Thing and will cause more problems than it solves.
I myself like to provide features that people want, but on the other
hand I don't want to make it easy to cause problems, as that could be
considered irresponsible. I am at the moment leaning towards cutting out
this code from the next release, but would like to know what others
think about this. Views?