Re: Dates and expiring addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dom Mitchell
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Dates and expiring addresses
Philip Hazel wrote:
> There remains the question of whether the code for handling email
> addresses that expire should be released. My colleagues here have argued
> that it is not a Good Thing and will cause more problems than it solves.
> I myself like to provide features that people want, but on the other
> hand I don't want to make it easy to cause problems, as that could be
> considered irresponsible. I am at the moment leaning towards cutting out
> this code from the next release, but would like to know what others
> think about this. Views?

For this, I personally believe that it should be handled in the
way previously described with suffixes. This makes your address
"fairly" spam-proof, but also gives the recipient a good chance of
guessing what the "main" address should be. Anything more than this is
liabel to create more problems than it solves, IMHO.

-Dom