Re: Logging of FQDN in exim's logs

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Alan Thew
Cc: Exim List
Asunto: Re: Logging of FQDN in exim's logs
On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Alan Thew wrote:

> Sorry if this is an old one...
>
> We're running 1.61 on solaris 2.5.1 on some machines. Some of our users
> are used to mailing user@site (where site != FQDN). Exim accepts this
> and sends if it can expand the address. Is it possible to get exim
> to log the expanded address? Logging the remote mta is fine but if it
> has access to the domain (which it should have??) can this be logged as
> well?

It should be already. I've just send a message to ph10@cus from my
workstation, and the log read

1997-06-16 15:07:02 0wdcQs-0001BP-00 => ph10@??? <ph10@cus> ...

As you see, the FQDN appears in the actual address delivered (which is
what goes in the RCPT TO SMTP command) and the original address from
which it was derived follows in <>.

This is what happens when the expansion is done by DNS lookup. Are you
perhaps talking about changes that happen as a result of rewriting
rules? They don't get logged at the moment.

Philip