Re: Spam and Censors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: T. William Wells
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam and Censors
In article <Pine.BSI.3.95.970520095358.709G-100000@???>,
<david@???> wrote:
: I personally detest spam, and most of my users do as well. However, being
: an ISP means connecting people to the 'net, and providing reliable mail
: (and other) services. Deciding to ban certain hosts/domains because of
: their unsolicited nature could be construed as csensorship.

/* SOAPBOX

And I can consider the moon as made of green cheese -- doesn't
mean that it's so or that my opinion should get the slighest
respect.

Be that as it may, when my users complain about this, I explain
that I am not censoring mail, I am refusing to allow those who
won't play by the cooperative rules of the Internet the use of my
part of the Internet. This is why I use router blocks for abusive
or incompetently administered networks -- if they won't or can't
play by the rules, they have no right to use *any* part of my
network. Or yours.

END SOAPBOX */