Re: vrfy and expn

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Joe Metzger
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: vrfy and expn
On Tue, 20 May 1997, Joe Metzger wrote:

> Is there any chance that the next version of exim will support vrfy and
> expn? There are a number of people in my community that require that I
> provide the capability to verify users addresses and display mailing list
> members.

VRFY is already supported if you turn on smtp_verify; however, all it
says is one of

551 Not a local domain
250 Deliverable
450 Cannot resolve at this time
550 Not deliverable

i.e. it verifies only local addresses. Do you need more than this?

I have an item on the wish list to do something about EXPN (which will
be controlled by a list of hosts/networks that are permitted). Whether I
get this done before the next version is a matter of time but I think
it probably will get done fairly soon, as I know some people need it, and
it isn't a huge amount of work.

[My current plan is to work on the code till about the end of June; in
July/August to update the documentation - and take 3 weeks vacation -
and try to get a new release out towards the end of August or the
beginning of September. Intermediate, non-fully-documented, testing
releases can be made available for people with urgent requirements.]