Re: Spam and Censors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jason S Kohles
A: david
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Spam and Censors
On Tue, 20 May 1997 david@??? wrote:

> I personally detest spam, and most of my users do as well. However, being
> an ISP means connecting people to the 'net, and providing reliable mail
> (and other) services. Deciding to ban certain hosts/domains because of
> their unsolicited nature could be construed as csensorship. In addition
> there are probably a few sick individuals who like receiving the spam.
>
> Which leads me to inquire of a really strange feature:
>
> is there a way to specify 'ban all mail from host/domain unless the
> recipient is found in /etc/mail/wantsspam' ?

This is off the top of my head (and the lsearch part was written from memory,
so you might want to check the docs first, but...

We are filtering spam using a system filter that looks something like this:

if $h_subject: contains "show me the money" or
$h_subject: contains "Save and/or Earn a Bundle" or
... snip ...
$message_body contains "this is a one-time mailing" or
$message_body contains "MAJOR CREDIT CARD... GUARANTEED"
then
seen finish
endif

seen finish could be replaced with something like this:

if $local_part is ${lookup{$local_part} lsearch {/etc/mail/wantsspam} {$local_part}} then
    finish
else
    seen finish
endif

    Jason Kohles -- System Administrator -- XMission Internet Access
      robobob@??? (at work) robobob@??? (at play)
                 "Indecision is the key to flexibility."