Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chris Harris
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: Interesting Rewriting Desires
After reading the messages from the other thread, I don't quite understand
why adding this support would require a whole new large blob of code, but
I suppose I don't deserve to, having looked at the
exim code only *very* briefly. =) I guess I'll have to dig deeper into
the source.... I think this feature would be a worthy one, although, if
it would be a lot of work to impliment it, then it should probably not be
implimented without some good thinking. Otherwise, maybe someone will
come just as the new code is being released to say, "wouldn't it be nice
if exim could rewrite in this [even stranger] way?" (That is to say, do
we want to be able to rewrite based only on the destination? What if some
deranged individual wanted to rewrite based on, say, the subject?)

For the moment, any ideas on what the best temporary solution would be?
The best I can come up with is to do all the external rewriting in a
program. (This means that all mail for @mydomain gets delivered to a
script, which resubmits each message, once rewritten, via
/usr/lib/sendmail.) I guess the other option would be to install and
configure two seperate copies of exim, where the rewriting rules for each
config file would be different. I'd have to think a bit more about
whether or not this would work for my situation (which is actual slightly
more complex than I've described), but it has a shot at working. Anything
more complex than I'm doing, however, would certainly be a huge pain to
manage with multiple copies of exim. (Is there a way to have one exim
binary, and to specify as a command-line option, on startup, which config
file to use?)

Other ideas?

Thanks.

-Chris